How are you? Are you doing well. Is the end of the year treating you as you had hoped?
Those goals you set up to achieve, are they any closer or have you collapsed in a heap with all the social pressure and expectations from work and client Christmas parties and family and school celebrations.
You know what. I agree. It is hard doing it alone. You should look for someone to help you through these tough times when you want to succeed, but because it might be new to you or you are worried about failing again. You need someone who will give you that pat on the back, a high five, those supportive and encouraging thoughts.
So What is a cheerleader??
A cheerleader doesn’t partner so closely with you, but they do cheer from the sidelines with generous encouragement, praise and friendly support.
When recruiting cheerleaders look for people who are naturally supportive. You may need to let others know exactly how they should cheer your efforts.
Ideas for how cheerleaders can help:
- Ask you how you are doing each week
- Offer only positive advice, comments or feedback
- Give you compliments on your appearance
- Remind you why your goals are important
- Question your excuses for not exercising
- Take time to listen to your successes and challenges
- Avoid discussions about dieting when they are with you
- Offer helpful tips and information about food and fitness
- Are non-judgmental when you appear to be off your diet
- Start a fitness club at work to sign up more cheerleaders
- Share positive stories about your efforts with other friends
- Do extra work around the house to give you time for activity
- Spend active social time away from food distractions
- Change their schedule to allow you to fit in exercise
- Are prepared to try new foods that you are eating
- Provide healthy food options when you visit their home
- Buy you flowers to say, “Well done!”
Surround yourself with positive energy that boosts your motivation!
Who can you recruit as cheerleaders? ____
Your support crew is a valuable asset when achieving a goal. Tell me any successful person who does not have someone who supports them and helps keep them on track. So you should have the same opportunity. Next week we will look at Buddies to help you along.